Clayton State womens tennis falls to #1 Armstrong 8-1
Savannah, GA – After picking up two straight victories over nationally-ranked teams, the Clayton State women's tennis team fell to the nation's top-ranked and defending NCAA Division II national champion Armstrong 8-1 Sunday.
Armstrong swept the doubles matches and then won five of the six singles matches en route to the Peach Belt Conference victory in Savannah, GA. The loss drops Clayton State to 3-2 on the season and 2-1 in conference play.
Clayton State's lone win in the match came at No. 6 singles as Charlotte Fabricius battled to win a three set affair over Natasa Vukovic. Fabricius won the first set 7-6, after winning the tiebreaker 7-2. She fell 6-2 in the second set before capturing the third set super tiebreaker 10-6.
The Lakers will return to action next Sunday, playing Barry in a non-conference 10 a.m. match in Valdosta, GA.
#1 Armstrong 8, Clayton State 1
Feb 24, 2013 at Savannah, Ga. (Bacon Park)
1. #2 Barbora Krtickova (ARMSTRNG) def. Hannah Keeling (CLSW) 6-2, 6-3
2. #8 Aleksndra Filipovski (ARMSTRNG) def. Martina Dedaj (CLSW) 6-0, 6-1
3. #14 Marlen Hacke (ARMSTRNG) def. Zinnia Leamana (CLSW) 6-0, 6-1
4. #33 Clara Perez (ARMSTRNG) def. Raluca Pavel (CLSW) 6-3, 6-1
5. #13 Olga Kalodzitsa (ARMSTRNG) def. Jessica Budd (CLSW) 6-1, 6-1
6. Charlotte Fabricius (CLSW) def. Natasa Vukovic (ARMSTRNG) 7-6 (7-2), 2-6, 10-6
1. #1 Aleksndra Filipovski/Barbora Krtickova (ARMSTRNG) def. Hannah Keeling/Ivana Krommelova (CLSW) 8-2
2. #6 Marlen Hacke/Olga Kalodzitsa (ARMSTRNG) def. Jessica Budd/Martina Dedaj (CLSW) 8-4
3. Clara Perez/Natasa Vukovic (ARMSTRNG) def. Zinnia Leamana/Raluca Pavel (CLSW) 8-3
Clayton State 3-2, 2-1 PBC
Armstrong 4-0, 2-0 PBC; National ranking #1
Order of finish: Doubles (1,2,3); Singles (3,2,5,4,1,6)