No. 9 Clayton State drops 6-3 non-conference decision against Brenau
MORROW, Ga. – March 17, 2012 – Playing its second match in as many days, the Clayton State Laker women's tennis team came up short in its non-conference contest on Saturday, dropping a 6-3 decision against visiting Brenau at Laker Courts.
Clayton State, ranked ninth in the nation in Division II, falls to 3-5 overall. Brenau, meanwhile, improves to 5-3 overall.
Clayton won twice in singles and once in doubles. Hannah Keeling won a 6-0, 7-6 decision against Brenau's Maria Perdomo Medina at No. 2 singles, while Alyse' Pagel won by an injury default over Stephanie Moniz from Brenau at No. 6. In doubles, the team of Keeling and Marie Cercelletti prevailed 8-1 at No. 2 over Perdomo Medina and Eline Nagels from Brenau.
Clayton State plays its third of three straight matches on Sunday, hosting Peach Belt Conference rival Georgia College at Laker Courts.
BRENAU 6, CLAYTON STATE 3
1. Lynn See Choo (BC) d. Marie Cercelletti 1-6, 6-2, 7-5
2. Hannah Keeling (CLS) d. Maria Perdomo Medina 6-0, 7-6
3. Theresa Neumeyr (BC) d. Martina Dedaj 6-3, 6-4
4. Hannah Thompson (BC) d. Jessica Budd 6-2, 6-1
5. Eline Nagels (BC) d. Charlotte Fabricius 6-3, 7-5
6. Alyze' Pagal (CLS) d. Stephanie Moniz 6-1, retired
1. Choo/Thompson (BC) d. Dedaj/Budd 8-5
2. Cercelletti/Keeling (CLS) d. Nagels/Perdomo Medina 8-1
3. Moniz/Neumeyr (BC) d. Fabricus/Pagal 8-3